Friday, October 17, 2008
Weather
I would like to tell the parents who took their children to the Botanical Gardens and the Amarillo Zoo thank you. My students reported back to me about how much fun they had with their families while visiting these wonderful educational places. Giving your children a positive and exciting way of looking at science really helps them learn and enjoy this very important part of learning. As you have probably seen (or heard from your child) our classroom has turned into a weather center this month. I have introduce your child to Steve Spangle science guy this month. We have done educational and exciting experiments in class this month using a lot of his ideas. I want to share with you a few experiments you can do at home, at little cost, that will reinforce what we have learned about weather. Do you know how clouds are formed? With this experiment you can make your own. With the same soda bottle you can make a hurricane and a tornado! Did you ever imagine you could make weather in your own kitchen? Please visit the Steve Spangler Science web site and watch some science video. If you or your child find an experiment you would like to try go for it and let me know how it went. I will be anxiously waiting to hear from you. Have an fun and safe time with science this month!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment