Friday, October 17, 2008

Plants and Insects

Hello, I hope you all have had a great month of science fun! This month we will be reinforcing the science concepts you child has been learning in class. I know I had a lot of fun teaching your child the parts of plants and insects. I know you will be amazed at how much your child has learned, so lets get started.
The first thing I want to share with you is a few places in Amarillo that you and your child can go to see plants and animals up close and personal. The first place I think you and your family would enjoy is the Amarillo Botanical Gardens. There is a small entry fee but the experiences will be priceless. The next place I know you could make a day of learning at is the Amarillo Zoo. Before you go print off a list of the animals so you can check them off as you see them. When you get back vote on your favorite animal using this site. Have fun and enjoy as you learn at these two amazing places right here in Amarillo.
We are now entering fall and winter season so if there is a day that the weather is bad you can still have fun learning and play games that identify and describe the parts of plants and insects.
On the plants site you can label the plant parts and then check to see if you are correct. Are you ready to be creative? On the insect site you can make you own insect and the write about it. How fun will it be to make your own insect, name it, describe it's diet and write your own facts about it?

No comments: